1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

The season has started

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by elkimmeg, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

Hard to believe when the therm reads 103, but two wood stove permits were pulled yesterday. Monday is my first scheduled wood stove inspection. Jotul 3cb I believe

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Sandor

Sandor Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Deltaville,VA
    I guess some up there noticed the Natural Gas futures and decided to get prepared now.
  3. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    One interesting thing about Hearth.com - we can put our finger on the exact pulse by looking at the site traffic. Every year, it appears that July 15 is the turning point....that is when traffic starts heading up quickly!

Days are getting shorter - there is something instinctive telling us that the cold will come again!
  4. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    That's funny. Hearth.com, the barometer of wood heating trends since 1996.
  5. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    I spend a big chunk of my summer getting ready for winter, i.e., cutting wood.
  6. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    Same here. Also spent some time building another coal bin. I've increased our capacity to about 5 tons now. That means we only need a delivery once every two years, maybe even less than that. Best part is that all lumber was recycled from pallets and other scrap!
  7. Roospike

Roospike New Member

Loc:
    Eastern Nebraska
    For the "wood" burner the season never seems to end . We had a mild December so a lot of the wood was cut then ( normally spring/fall ), of corse it dont stop there . Thinking about wood for 12 months . I think about A/C for 1 week in the spring as all A/C units get cleaned , checked , updated .
  8. daninohio

daninohio New Member

Loc:
    Cincinnati, OH
    Yep, elk, next Monday is my installation date. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.