The season has started

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

Hard to believe when the therm reads 103, but two wood stove permits were pulled yesterday. Monday is my first scheduled wood stove inspection. Jotul 3cb I believe

I guess some up there noticed the Natural Gas futures and decided to get prepared now.

elkimmeg said:
Hard to believe when the therm reads 103, but two wood stove permits were pulled yesterday. Monday is my first scheduled wood stove inspection. Jotul 3cb I believe

One interesting thing about Hearth.com - we can put our finger on the exact pulse by looking at the site traffic. Every year, it appears that July 15 is the turning point....that is when traffic starts heading up quickly!

Days are getting shorter - there is something instinctive telling us that the cold will come again!

I spend a big chunk of my summer getting ready for winter, i.e., cutting wood.

Same here. Also spent some time building another coal bin. I've increased our capacity to about 5 tons now. That means we only need a delivery once every two years, maybe even less than that. Best part is that all lumber was recycled from pallets and other scrap!

For the "wood" burner the season never seems to end . We had a mild December so a lot of the wood was cut then ( normally spring/fall ), of corse it dont stop there . Thinking about wood for 12 months . I think about A/C for 1 week in the spring as all A/C units get cleaned , checked , updated .

Status
Not open for further replies.