The sled is in the woods!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been talk around Central Sands, that a sled and ATV looking just like the one in this post has been seen flying through the air delivering firewood to needy families. At the wheel was a big old fat guy with a white beard. And there was also an old maul with a brand new wooden handle in the sled. You haven't seen anything like that, have you Quads?

willworkforwood said:
There's been talk around Central Sands, that a sled and ATV looking just like the one in this post has been seen flying through the air delivering firewood to needy families. At the wheel was a big old fat guy with a white beard. And there was also an old maul with a brand new wooden handle in the sled. You haven't seen anything like that, have you Quads?
HA HA HA! er, I mean HO HO HO! :)

Cowboy Billy said:
Sweet sled Quads

When you start looking at tires check out the ATI mud lites they have a tractor like tread and really hook up. I have swamp witches on mine and it goes through mud in 2wd almost as good as it did in 4wd with the stock knobbies on it but it has a hared wide rib on it and tends to spin more on the hard pack. The ATI's have a softer narrower rib with the same tread pattern and will be the next tires I buy. If I had some way to get them to you and they were the right size I'd make you deal on my old ones. I only had a couple hunderd miles on them when a got a great deal on the used swamp witches.

Billy
Thanks Billy! I will keep those tires in mind.

heres one of those pieces ill remember

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 214
ecocavalier02 said:
Yes indeed! That there was a gnarly piece of wood you had. If it had met me, I'm pretty sure at least part of it would still be laying in the woods slowly becoming food for the next generation of trees. ;-)

Ah, a sign that Christmas will soon be here . . . when you see Quads break out the wood sled. ;) :)

firefighterjake said:
Ah, a sign that Christmas will soon be here . . . when you see Quads break out the wood sled. ;) :)
But I only got to use it for one day! :-( And then the snowstorm came and now I can't get out in the woods anymore.

quads said:
firefighterjake said:
But I only got to use it for one day! :-( And then the snowstorm came and now I can't get out in the woods anymore.

Quads how much snow did you get?

zap

Hey Zap. He got 15-16" in this one. That is why he won't be cutting wood for a bit.

quads said:
ecocavalier02 said:
Yes indeed! That there was a gnarly piece of wood you had. If it had met me, I'm pretty sure at least part of it would still be laying in the woods slowly becoming food for the next generation of trees. ;-)
i would have to but thats from a load of my buddy's trailer of 50 inch sugar maple my buddy dropped off at my house so i had to get rid of it.

Eco, I hesitated on posting this but then thought perhaps it might help a few.

It is really up to the one cutting wood on how it is cut. I would personally never even consider making a cut like that. When coming to a crotch in the tree, I always cut it so a limb is by itself and never attached to the main trunk. That way you won't have so much problem splitting, stacking or putting it in the stove.

yeah i know i should have cut it off. it was just one of the ugly pieces i had left over after cutting up that monnster and was one of the last piece i had left. i was to lazy to go inside and get the saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.