The snow's really coming down now

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScotL

Feeling the Heat
Feb 7, 2011
Central Maine
We're having quite the snowstorm here in Maine right now. Last week at this time it was 80 degrees.
This is a screenshot from the video camera at the truck dump. It's 12:40 in the afternoon but it sure doesn't look like it. Fortunately, it isn't supposed to last long or accumulate much.
How's everyone else doing?

20120328_12-40-32.jpg

Wow, it's 67* here right now. Yesterday morning it was 16*!!!!

Yuk! Two to four inches predicted. See www.weather.gov. For NOAA review and forecast for any area.
We got an inch overnight, but all that has melted away. "poor man's fertilizer".

Luckily no snow here, But we had a nice thunderboomer this afternoon. 55ºF and sunny right now. Could still use a bit more rain,

38 down in southern maine right now. Had snow this morning but already melted. Have you started the softwood run yet?
The softwood run hasn't started yet. If the roll stock for the bags is shipped tomorrow, we'll start on softwood this weekend. Otherwise, we'll have to wait 1 more week. It doesn't sound to me like the bag manufacturer is going to have the film ready for tomorrow so it looks like April 6 we'll be switching over - which also happens to be the day we're going to be without power for 8 hours while a substation is switched over.

Glad to hear your making the softies again this season. Hopefully I can find some this season to post a review.

With the price of the BC softies thru the roof, Maybe MWP and Vermonts will get a bigger share of the market this season?

I've always loved Wisconsin. After seeing your snow I love it even more. 60 and mostly sunny here. You can keep that solid rain by you. Heck I mowed the lawn last night, normally there would be 2 foot of snow on it this time of year.

A little wild up here today too..been in the teens at nite for a few days....

Attachments

• March-28-2012 047.JPG
    March-28-2012 047.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 98
The softwood run hasn't started yet. If the roll stock for the bags is shipped tomorrow, we'll start on softwood this weekend. Otherwise, we'll have to wait 1 more week. It doesn't sound to me like the bag manufacturer is going to have the film ready for tomorrow so it looks like April 6 we'll be switching over - which also happens to be the day we're going to be without power for 8 hours while a substation is switched over.
Looking forward to getting them. I have an order in for some. :) heard you are only doing a few thousand tons.

It sure has been a wild 10 days, last week it was 84 here and we had the windows and doors open ! Today it's in the mid 30's and
we have a trace of snow, most of it is melting as it hits the ground.This afternoon we had some snow squalls that came thru and had heavy snow falling. Looks like a slow warm-up starting this weekend but the weather guy say's 2-4 inches overnight....

Status
Not open for further replies.