The sun woke up this morning in Hatteras

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eatonpcat

Minister of Fire
Jul 24, 2011
Eaton Township, Ohio
edit.JPG

Gotta love being out on the Cape. Stunning pic, Eaton! Nothing like a sunrise at the shore!

Reactions: Eatonpcat
It's beautiful. On the Left Coast, I've seen a whole lot of sunsets that look very much just like that. I like 'em in either direction. :) Rick

Nice pic Eaton. I took the family camping down to Hatteras back in 02'. First week of April, beautiful weather and nobody around. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That is really nice. Here is a sunset picture from a few weeks ago. I was actually standing in the ocean looking west taking this as the sun set over a bay on the other side of the sandspit. What I like about sunset pics is looking back over my shoulder you can see the darkness settling in over the ocean like pic 3. On clear evenings, it is like a deep blue color.

IMG_1077.JPG IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1037.JPG

Last Saturday. Made 88 Filets, 4 Rib-Eye's (not everyone wanted Fish), 4 Dozen Deep fried chicken wings (homemade Hot sauce), Fresh cut Steak fries, and Copious amounts of Alcohol. Was a pretty nice party. You should have been there ;)

Still have some Filets left. Made 22 a couple days ago. Mmmmmmmm... Nothing like some fresh Perch. :)

I need to make it out your way one day. I wanna see the M-55 in action!!! And take a Rhino ride too ;)

That shot really captures the beauty of sun's first light on shore. You can almost feel the salty air coming off the ocean in your hair.
Looks like a great day for windsurfing :)

i used to go to Buxton on the Banks for about 10 years. Then 2 kids in college. We watched them move the lighthouse 1600 ft. Great, great times. Could see both sunrise and sunset from the deck, as well as the lighthouse, really laid back town. No chain eateries. I'll def go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.