The Taj Mahlog

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fossil

Accidental Moderator
Sep 30, 2007
Bend, OR
It's finally finished and ready to load up. I already installed the essential gear, and I'll fill the rest of the available space up with firewood, to the extent that it doesn't detract from the primary purpose. I'm sure I'll be improving on the accomodations in certain respects as time goes by, but it's pretty much useable right now. Attached are exterior and interior views taken today. Rick

Attachments

• shedweb.jpg
    shedweb.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,660
  • shedinside3.jpg
    shedinside3.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 2,632
Where's the wood and brats Rick?

Nice addition to your property. I see you can hang out there when the wife is down on you. Hope she lets you in the house once in a while. :)

Needs a honeypot. LOL!

IN all seriousness, almost too nice to be a woodshed.

Rick I like how you separated the vertical boards to allow airflow...ya know it's almost to nice to put wood in.

You are having entirely too much fun. >:-(

Very nice! I'm movin' in. Got a nice '70's Ithaca 12ga pump to bring with me. :coolgrin:

Rick is that a wood shed our the dog house
I most say Ive never seen a wood shed were you can shoot a snack sit down and sharpen your tool then look at wood :lol:
Again rick nice work is the rest of the house finished

Nice shed rick. I plan on building a shed in fall so let me know if you are heading to the north east. ;-)

Adios Pantalones said:
LOL- you need a banjo so you can keep the woodpile bugs entertained.

Actually, they seem to prefer it when I serenade them with this. Rick

Attachments

• sawweb.jpg
    sawweb.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,383
Carl said:
Where's the wood and brats Rick?

Nice addition to your property. I see you can hang out there when the wife is down on you. Hope she lets you in the house once in a while. :)

She said she wants me to put another chair out there for her. :grrr: Rick

myzamboni said:
Needs a honeypot. LOL!

IN all seriousness, almost too nice to be a woodshed.

Nothin's too good fer my wood, zambo, nothin'. :lol: Rick

savageactor7 said:
Rick I like how you separated the vertical boards to allow airflow...ya know it's almost to nice to put wood in.

Yeah, savage, we were careful to leave generous spacing between both the siding boards and the floor boards. The floor's up off the uneven ground, too, so there's really pretty good ventilation through the thing. Rick

BrotherBart said:
You are having entirely too much fun. >:-(

I ain't never had too much fun. :lol: Rick

LEES WOOD-CO said:
DANG NAB !!!!!!!! You even got some firepower in case some DIPSHEET tries walkin' off with your wood ! LOL

Yeah, lee...just try and take my wood! >:-( Rick

brooktrout said:
Very nice! I'm movin' in. Got a nice '70's Ithaca 12ga pump to bring with me. :coolgrin:

C'mon out, brooktrout...can't have too much firepower. Rick

Burd said:
Rick is that a wood shed our the dog house
I most say Ive never seen a wood shed were you can shoot a snack sit down and sharpen your tool then look at wood :lol:
Again rick nice work is the rest of the house finished

It's a, uh...multi-purpose structure, you might say. The house? Ha!, not even close. It's gutted...still ripping out and framing...looks like an abandoned building (which it is for right now). Rick

bluefrier said:
Nice shed rick. I plan on building a shed in fall so let me know if you are heading to the north east. ;-)

Love to help you, bluefrier...'specially if you feed me crabs morning noon & night! But, we just finally escaped from Northern Virginia last year after 12 years in Fairfax, and I'm never goin' back there if I can help it. Rick

fossil said:
Adios Pantalones said:
LOL- you need a banjo so you can keep the woodpile bugs entertained.

Actually, they seem to prefer it when I serenade them with this. Rick
May carpentry teacher had a banjo saw just like that he even played it for our class on a field trip his name was john Cressmam
Now that brought back some old thoughts
Rick I need a video of you play that while making you famous brats on the out door fire pit :lol:

Burd said:
...Rick I need a video of you play that while making you famous brats on the out door fire pit :lol:

As to the video, you'll have to talk to my agent, she tells me I'm pretty booked up. As to the famous brats, I think you have me confused with Carl (don't worry, that happens a lot, we're both exceedingly handsome gentlemen). :lol: Rick

Very Well Done !
You have a right to be proud- It's a beaut- Good Job !

"Well Done is better than Well Said ".

That ain't no wood shed, that's a 'palace du bois'. Nice job Rick!

(Now where does the wood go?)

Holy smokes that place is nicer than my house! That place is so sweet you should charge all the wood critters rent! He!! I will move in charge me rent! :cheese:

The umbrella in the Bud pounder is a nice touch.....nouveau riche redneck? Nice job with the staining. Fill it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.