The temps people will endure....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fox9988

Minister of Fire
Jan 15, 2012
NW Arkansas
I'm either picky or spoiled... 72::F.....+-2::F variance .......anything else, I made an error. I hate being hot in the winter, seems counter intuitive, like being cold in the summer.

Some worse case scenarios:

"....bedrooms temps are in the 50's by morning." It doesn't get colder than -8::F here, so I understand that many face much harsher conditions. But I would have to get a burn barrel for the back room if it came to that.

".....stove room is 90::F, feels great....".!!! I'd be naked on the front porch, drinking a cold one.

I've endured much worse, but Uncle Sam was in charge. This is my house.....72....+-2......

If you can manage that +2 with just a wood stove my hat is off to you. And you will be fibbing. ;lol

As I said, "anything else, I made an error." And I do, but I'm not very tolerant of them. I was much steadier with the old smoke dragon (when it was in the old house), but I'm learning.

That's why I love my wood stove, I can easily keep it in the 70's in the living room and kitchen and the bedrooms can stay cold, just the way I like it!

We keep our bedrooms cooler too, "zone heating"

I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I have a very wide range of comfort zone. 62 - 82. T-shirt works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.