1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

The temps people will endure....

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by fox9988, Jan 24, 2013.

1. fox9988

fox9988 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Arkansas
    I'm either picky or spoiled... 72::F.....+-2::F variance .......anything else, I made an error. I hate being hot in the winter, seems counter intuitive, like being cold in the summer.

Some worse case scenarios:

"....bedrooms temps are in the 50's by morning." It doesn't get colder than -8::F here, so I understand that many face much harsher conditions. But I would have to get a burn barrel for the back room if it came to that.

".....stove room is 90::F, feels great....".!!! I'd be naked on the front porch, drinking a cold one.

I've endured much worse, but Uncle Sam was in charge. This is my house.....72....+-2......

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    If you can manage that +2 with just a wood stove my hat is off to you. And you will be fibbing. ;lol
    Backwoods Savage and PapaDave like this.
  3. fox9988

fox9988 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Arkansas
    As I said, "anything else, I made an error." And I do, but I'm not very tolerant of them. I was much steadier with the old smoke dragon (when it was in the old house), but I'm learning.
  4. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    That's why I love my wood stove, I can easily keep it in the 70's in the living room and kitchen and the bedrooms can stay cold, just the way I like it!
  5. fox9988

fox9988 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Arkansas
    We keep our bedrooms cooler too, "zone heating"
  6. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I have a very wide range of comfort zone. 62 - 82. T-shirt works for me.