The time is near - Countdown to first light.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stee6043

Minister of Fire
Aug 22, 2008
West Michigan
I woke up to a brisk 51 degrees this morning here in Michigan. Heating season will be on us in the blink of an eye!

I'm heading out now to finish off my 2012/2013 wood pile with some nice beech wood. Rather late to get a full 2 years on that pile but I am confident the beech will season nicely.

I look forward to seeing how my EKO runs this year on white oak, silver maple and a touch of cherry. Prior years I've run 90%+ cherry through it with great success. My next two seasons will have a much more diverse wood mix. We'll see if I need to tweak the air settings or not. I currently don't plan on touching anything...

I finally have wood here that is split heavy enough with a bunch of 10 year old cut/split sugar maple that I bought (stole). I went through last year with wood that was split way to small./// We had about the same temp you did, I'm hoping the continuous cold will hold off for awhile though, Randy

Woke up In Shawano co. Wis. this morning @ 43*. Was cold. Still 68 in the house though. Would love to go to Oct. 1. before I fire the Eko.

Holy smokes cold down there. At this rate you will be burning way before me. Then again very little -40 where you are.

High of 61 for today low of 47 tonight. I'll probably have to take the chill off tommarow morning. Going to run some pex to my rads today, but won't get completly done. I have a electric heater I can kick on if the wife gets chilly. Have been burning about a week for dhw.

Slept with the A/C on last night and will again tonight

Still waiting for my Wood Gun.
Getting prepped for it.
Spent all day emptying the garage and putting it in the 10x20 shed (that I built in april 2010)
Finally got shelves built and organizing it.

cant wait to have the garage empty so I can get my 65 impala ss inside and get the WG boiler hooked up.

infinitymike said:

Getting prepped for it.
Spent all day emptying the garage and putting it in the 10x20 shed (that I built in april 2010)

cant wait to have the garage empty so I can get my 65 impala ss inside and get the WG boiler hooked up.

The weather has been a fickle @#$%& in the Northeast lately...A handful of downright cool nights (50s) in August, then a bunch of crappy humidity plus the hurricane, now it's a bit cooler again. I can't wait for some consistent fall temps...the woodshed has five seasoned cords ready to go but the wood burning apparatus isn't quite ready. I still have to clean the chimney, do new door gaskets, clean the thing out, and re-paint it because the humidity in the basement did a number on it this summer. I did buy some Post Road Pumpkin Ale for our Labor Day "Cook In" (rained all damn day) and they were quite tasty.

Badfish740 said:
infinitymike said:

Getting prepped for it.

The weather has been a fickle @#$%& in the Northeast lately...A handful of downright cool nights (50s) in August, then a bunch of crappy humidity plus the hurricane, now it's a bit cooler again. I can't wait for some consistent fall temps...the woodshed has five seasoned cords ready to go but the wood burning apparatus isn't quite ready. I still have to clean the chimney, do new door gaskets, clean the thing out, and re-paint it because the humidity in the basement did a number on it this summer. I did buy some Post Road Pumpkin Ale for our Labor Day "Cook In" (rained all damn day) and they were quite tasty.

yeah the weather has been so weird here. Rained all day so I stayed home and completely emptied the garage and swept it clean. Just got a pile of tools that normally goes in basement. Hopefully it will rain tomorrow and I can stay home again to finish.
I'm putting the Wood Gun in the left bay near the back side door.
Cant wait. Want to hook it up and fire it up.

I also want to rip the sheetrock off the left wall and insulate then hang plywood on it.
Heres a pic of what it looked like.
1007721n.jpg

I'll post one of it all cleaned out. :cheese:

Nice garage! Just placed my order for new gaskets from Englander...burn times were getting a little short last year.

infinitymike said:
Badfish740 said:
infinitymike said:

Getting prepped for it.

yeah the weather has been so weird here. Rained all day so I stayed home and completely emptied the garage and swept it clean. Just got a pile of tools that normally goes in basement. Hopefully it will rain tomorrow and I can stay home again to finish.
I'm putting the Wood Gun in the left bay near the back side door.
Cant wait. Want to hook it up and fire it up.

I also want to rip the sheetrock off the left wall and insulate then hang plywood on it.
Heres a pic of what it looked like.
1007721n.jpg

I'll post one of it all cleaned out. :cheese:
That is cleaned out! as it is. When you open the door & stuff spills out then it time to "start" thinking about cleaning it, lol, Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.