The Tiny Woodstove story

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Hearth Supporter
I'd never heard of them. The 2nd half of the story is more about making money than the woodstove.

Even in a tiny house I can't see one of those stoves working out.

So it’s an unlisted stove. No EPA emissions. And clearances from the manual are

DWARF MINIMUM REQUIRED CLEARANCES
Sides: 16” from combustibles
Rear: 18” from combustibles
Single Wall Stove Pipe: 18” from combustibles Insulated Chimney Pipe: 2” from combustibles.

So if you burn down your tiny house will insurance pay out?? I’ll pass. Neat idea get it tested…

So it’s an unlisted stove. No EPA emissions. And clearances from the manual are

DWARF MINIMUM REQUIRED CLEARANCES
Sides: 16” from combustibles
Rear: 18” from combustibles
Single Wall Stove Pipe: 18” from combustibles Insulated Chimney Pipe: 2” from combustibles.

So if you burn down your tiny house will insurance pay out?? I’ll pass. Neat idea get it tested…
There is another manufacturer, Unforgettable Fires, that makes some very small listed appliances. Quite efficient if I remember.

I think they are neat but the wood would have to be cut real small and who knows how long the fire would last but I can readily understand how the manufacturers could make lots of money if that is the case...I would buy one...clancey