The transformation is complete...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkazak

Jan 21, 2014
Nebraska
Some of you know that last year we took out the cheapo ZC fireplace and built an Alcove in its place to install our Mansfield wood stove. Well...we finally got the custom mantel installed so the work is now complete..! Thought you would like a before and after pic. Thanks to all who answered question in the process.

Attachments

• house195zps81fe29bc.jpg
    house195zps81fe29bc.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 279
  • 20150925_075149.jpg
    20150925_075149.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 249
Reactions: Batman
Gorgeous. Looks like it's been there since Christ was a corporal.

Just the hearth alone gives a feeling of warmth ,you are going to love it when it is lit.very nice job enjoy

awesome:cool:

Did you do this yourself? How did you resupport the lintel or structure? Looks nice

It was a coordinated effort between myself and a professional installer. After the old fireplace was removed we framed in some additional support, covered it in 0plywood and added the marble tile. The lintle is actually a steel beam underneath that is supported by the foundation of the house - as the foundation was poured as an Alcove in the basement which houses our Lopi Liberty. (Pic attached - although you can't see it as its been covered in plywood and then painted).
And yes.....I will be feeding 2 stoves now. Thank goodness I have a considerable supply of Black Locust and Mulberry.

Attachments

• 20150926_195402.jpg
    20150926_195402.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 127
Status
Not open for further replies.