The view from my place

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinPiney

Feeling the Heat
Nov 25, 2008
In the Pines, NJ
SolarAndWood said:
ilikewood said:
we can take guesses on where you live :)

Mohawk valley...maybe Little Falls/Amsterdam?

Funny you said little falls. I spent the night at a friends place up there last winter. I headed up for deer season a day early so i made a pit stop.

Great pics haybale! Love the ol lab.

Just a few fall shots from my yard.

Attachments

• view.jpg
    view.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 675
  • view2.jpg
    view2.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 665
  • view3.jpg
    view3.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 684
Wow - enjoy that view! It's your Mastercard "priceless" moment!
Beautiful fall colours starting - we've got it too in Eastern Canada.
Do you see a lot of wildlife? Foxes, coons, rabbits, deer, etc?
I'm on a small stream - we get all the above, and some skunk too.
Happy burning.

We do see a lot of deer, turkeys, hawks, etc. and too many rabbits. Although the local fox, coyote and hawk population got their fair share of rabbits last winter. I had a ring neck pheasant walk through the yard on Monday and recently bald eagles have been spotted a few miles from my house. We do like it here.

Tell us the name of that mountain in your pics, and we can take guesses on where you live :)
nice shots.

ilikewood said:
we can take guesses on where you live :)

Mohawk valley...maybe Little Falls/Amsterdam?

I'd post pics of my place, but rocks and pines are boring.
Plus I'd get blamed for all the pitch dripping from your pipes for the next 6 months.

Getting warmer Solar;)

Fair amount of grouse in the area. Not sure who startles who more sometimes when I am out walking around and one suddenly takes off :)

Loved the pics of Dead Vly on the wintercampers site. It is only a few miles from our family's camp.

Nice views but I love the picture of the lab! Looks like my first black lab I had, had him for 14 years and he was a great dog! I've got two labs now and they're a hand full to say the least but awesome dogs.

Thanks Solar. Not only is winter heating season but for me it is also camping season.

They are great dogs dylskee. She has been my shadow for 6 years now. Pretty soon she will be the wood stoves shadow. Coat gets so hot I don't know she stands it but she loves to lay by the stove like most dogs do.

Haybale - awesome pics. I'd love to have that kind of view. I have to ask this question - where do you work? A lot of you guys send in pics from these beautiful locations; looks like you're out in the boondocks - here in NEOhio, I could have a really nice view down in Amish country, but would be commuting at least an hour to a job. Don't mean to be rude, just curious.

I commute just about 40 minutes to work so there is a trade-off. One that I am willing to make though. The nearest town with stores is about 15 min away so it is not total "boondocks" :)

you are fortunate in many ways.

Thanks for sharing.

pen

I think you should re-vamp your quote to: "It's the destination, not the journey" That's a sweet destination!

Status
Not open for further replies.