The Way Weather Ought To Work For Wood Burners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
I just looked at the forecast, rain and more rain, but noticed that we are at the low temp for the night and it will be going up about a degree an hour until in the morning. Now that is the way it should work. As the stove burns down the temp outside goes up.

Wind, lake snow and a week below freezing is our forecast. Might have to break out some of the good stuff to maintain a higher burn rate.

BrotherBart said:
I just looked at the forecast, rain and more rain, but noticed that we are at the low temp for the night and it will be going up about a degree an hour until in the morning. Now that is the way it should work. As the stove burns down the temp outside goes up.

Your lucky this is whats coming are way.

* SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 7 TO 12 INCHES ARE EXPECTED ACROSS THE NORTHERN ADIRONDACKS ON WEDNESDAY.

* GUSTY SOUTHEAST WINDS OF 20 TO 35 MPH WILL ACCOMPANY THE MIXED WINTRY PRECIPITATION AT TIMES DURING THE DAY WEDNESDAY... ESPECIALLY ACROSS THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS.

* SNOW WILL DEVELOP RAPIDLY DURING THE PRE-DAWN HOURS WEDNESDAY... AND BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES BY MID-MORNING. THE SNOW IS EXPECTED TO MIX WITH SLEET OR FREEZING RAIN FOR A BRIEF PERIOD IN THE AFTERNOON BEFORE ENDING IN THE EVENING. THE MOST SIGNIFICANT IMPACTS FROM THIS STORM WILL BE FELT WEDNESDAY MORNING AND INTO THE EARLY AFTERNOON HOURS... WITH SNOWFALL RATES UP TO 1 INCH PER HOUR... ACCOMPANIED BY LOW VISIBILITY AND GUSTY WINDS.

Zap

It's heading your way. Current outside is -8, and dropping. Wind chill forecast to hit -35.

Here's my weather

A Blizzard Warning remains in effect until midnight CST Wednesday
night

We're expecting new record lows by morning. Thank goodness for the woodstove.

BrotherBart said:

Hey buddy, ain't it nice living in Virginia? Of course tomorrow night is supposed to dip into the mid 20s..... Did yall get much snow up there the other day btw?

It's 1* outside now. Got up to 8* today. Tomorrow it will be a balmy 22*.

75* inside in rooms close to insert. Low 60's in the 'out lying' areas ...AKA our bedrooms.

Insert loves these cold temps. Starts right up when loaded and hums along all day happy as a pig in mud.

We're under a dangerous wind advisory here with gusts up to 65 mph and the temperature is bouncing around like a beach ball. The power has been flickering and I'm sure we'll lose it here afterwhile. Last night before bed the stove was loaded up and tamped all the way down but I could truly say that I still had one hell of a draft and the floor was actually vibrating under my feet from that wind hitting the house. It will get worse this afternoon before it gets better when the temperature dives back down again.

If my power is out when the lynch mob is ready to get the "global warmers," please just honk your horns when you go by and I'll be right behind you.

6:45 here in nw Pa. the wind is whipping something fierce outside and its really playing havoc with my draft ,rainy and low 40's is supposedly todays weather

BeGreen said:
We're expecting new record lows by morning. Thank goodness for the woodstove.

Don't think it's record lows, but we're supposed to get down to 7* the next 2 nights.
It's 28* right now, but gonna' get chillier as the day wears on.
Close to a foot of snow since last night about 9:30-10, and due to get several inches more today, then several more tomorrow too.
I spent the morning pulling snow off the roof, and shoveling the drive out by the mailbox for the mailman.
We put a bird in the oven about 3 hrs. ago, so I'm letting the stove take a little nap.
My weather forecast is for warm and toasty, in the house.

Forecast high of 38 and low of 20 Thursday and Friday 38 and 18. Cold lows for our neck of the woods. Where we are is usually a couple of degrees below the forecast on both ends. 50 with high winds at the moment.

lexybird said:
6:45 here in nw Pa. the wind is whipping something fierce outside and its really playing havoc with my draft ,rainy and low 40's is supposedly todays weather

Love the Al Gore shout out! Classic! How North in Western PA. Venango County had a tornado warning today. Crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.