The wife loves me ! lol

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

My wife just purchased a Timber Tuff log jack for me I love her ! What a back saving toy this will be I am going to use it today and I will put picks up for you tonight with a review of how it went.

Attachments

• 31FzJfbG5bL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    31FzJfbG5bL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 367
I have the exact same one. I don't go out in the woods without it being in the truck. I have actually used it for many purposes. I have even used it to twist a smaller tree when I needed a little extra motion to get it dropped where I wanted. I don't use it all the time, but it has its times when it is my goto tool.

oldspark said:
Jags-How big a log will that work on?

Define big? It really does not do a good job on anything over 22-24 inches. However, you can give the hinged pointy part a bit of a whack to get a bite on some of the bigger ones. On big stuff I don't try to jack it up. I use the cut 9/10 of the way and roll method for those. This thing really shines on 18" and smaller log length stuff. Jack it up, cut a few rounds, move it and repeat.

Jags I just finished for the day and man this thing is a life saver and chain saver I love it! I will put up a pic in a little bit for you guys that wanna see it in action.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.