The wife's having surgery.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

Well my wife is having surgery soon no actual date is set yet however. She tore here ACL in the left leg and is missing almost all her cartilage as well. They told us 6 months before she could fully walk afterwords soooo lots of time off work to look forward to for her. Unfortunately they have no good fix for her situation except a replacement ACL surgery which is incredibly painful. Keep her in your thoughts would ya she has a long road till she can fully walk again !

Pete

Sorry to hear that Pete. The Prez of my company is still hobbling around from a partial ACL tear. I can only imagine a full tear requiring surgery. Keep her spirits up (and yours).

My thoughts are with you folks.

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Tell her to follow the docs orders to a T Pete. Went through pretty similar when my wife's ankle and foot got demolished in a head-on. It is a slow process.

We'll be thinking about ya both.

Pete, we really hope this turns out well for her. Maybe she can stay home and keep the fire going for a while! Please tell her we wish her well.

For others, I've met Pete's wife and she is a sweetheart. Just the right woman for a man who builds with pallets! ;)

Thoughts and prayers, my friend. God Bless her and you.....take care of her, and keep us posted....

I just had a mental vision of Pete trying to save money on casts by making pallet wood splints. !!!

keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers

In 2007 I hit a deer on my touring motorcycle:
http://s16.photobucket.com/user/bster13/library/Deals_Gap_07?sort=3&page=1

Tore my ACT/MCL/Meniscus/Patella, shattered my right knee cap....and that was just my right leg. I had to use a hamstring to replace my ACL as shaving a piece off my Patella was not an option. I'll never be the same but all things considered I am content. Biggest different was my physical therapist who used to make me screen a few times a week to get extension and flexion back (mostly) in my right knee. Determination is key, GL with the surgery!
(And hells no, I don't ride anymore. Haha)

Sorry to hear that! Hope all goes well and she's back up on her feet again real soon. Don't rush it, knee/foot injuries need a long time to heal and recovery can be a tedious process. Keep us posted, we will all be thinking of you guys!

Having gone thru TJR surgery last year on my left knee, I can say follow the Drs. order and work hard during rehab. Best wishes and prayers all goes well for her.

All the best wishes for her to have a successful operation and a quick as possible recovery Pete. She will be in our thoughts.

I had a bone broken in my foot this December. It took me 6 months to even start to feel good walking on it again. Two things to be prepared for - she will probably have a terrible time sleeping and even the simple tasks become exhausting. Best wishes.

Pete, we really hope this turns out well for her. Maybe she can stay home and keep the fire going for a while! Please tell her we wish her well.

For others, I've met Pete's wife and she is a sweetheart. Just the right woman for a man who builds with pallets! ;)
I will Dennis and thanks for the kind words she thinks highly of you guys too. Looks like the wood pile gets to sit a little longer as well. She won't be able to walk at all for 2 to 3 weeks and I will only be able to stay home the first week after that i will be gone for 12 to 13 hours a day due to work. O well guess we can pay the gas man for a few weeks. The wood can wait till winter for splitting if need be besides I like the cold and the wife is more important.

Pete

Reactions: PapaDave
Good luck, Mrs. Pallet!
From what I understand, the surgery is painful, but the aftercare, the physical therapy, can be discouraging. Your instincts are to NOT do what they want you to do, but you must do it. Hope you have as little discomfort as possible, and remember that it IS worth it.
My thoughts and wishes go with you!

Thinking of you and your wife. Hope all goes well.

Good luck to her, Pete. May she have a quick recovery. Keeping you both in our thoughts.

Our best wishes for a successfully surgery and quick recovery for her Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.