The Wifes Knows Better

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

huffdawg

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I have been having trouble getting my 1000 gals. of storage over 180::F. I have been away at work for the last 5 days and my wife says she has been getting them up to 187::F

WTF. is she doing that I don't. LOL

Huff

Maybe she's forgetting the door ''Carck open'' on the boiler like mine sometime do after firing up the stove.........

She sure as hell ain't gonna tell ya what she is doin....;)
Top secret wifey chit... ;lol:ZZZ

I bet she just goes and makes a fire and walks away! A watched pot never boils............ LOL

I came home once and and storage was 185+ but the fire box was 3/4 full, she just kept on chucking wood in. When I got up the next morning there was still a good bed of coals. She is the same way with the wood stove, it could be 85 inside the house and she will put more wood in the stove.

I came home once and and storage was 185+ but the fire box was 3/4 full, she just kept on chucking wood in. When I got up the next morning there was still a good bed of coals. She is the same way with the wood stove, it could be 85 inside the house and she will put more wood in the stove.

I think your on to something timberr . My guess is the boiler is in and out of idleing for quite some time.
Huff

had the bottom of my tanks 191 yesterday with little or no ideling. Must be something to do with circulator size
or the buffer tank that don't allow you to get it hotter. I believe your tanks are plumbed similar to mine, but I don't have a buffer tank.

JT, I gotta feellin' we're gonna hafta use our 'magination here :) and gotta feelin' Huff scored some brownie points by letting her read this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.