The winner is.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

allFIREDup

Oct 24, 2011
Central NH
After trying green supreme and green team....the winner is green supreme. Green team produce much more heavy ash and there were more fines and dust in the bags. Slightly more heat from green team but the cost for green supreme is less so i'll stick with that. I can get green supreme for 217.00 a ton this time of year. there is no way i'd spend more than 250.00 a ton this time of year for pellets. Some places want 300.00 a ton which is ridiculous...I'd be better off burning oil than pay that.

I take it your getting these at Lowes, Is Lowes charging more for the Greene Teams? If so I'd also go with the GS's. Not as much heat, But the ash is pretty decent.

Some have choosen to boycott the Greene teams at Lowes. There was a thead here on it. Odd thing is they only think the GT's are premiums. Yet don't consider any other brands as premiums. Last I knew they all are in the premium class. See thread.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/local-lowes-getting-smart.90724/

Status
Not open for further replies.