The. Winter that won't end

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also still burning in Michigan. Down to 8 bags of Magic Sparks. Burning about a bag every 2 1/2 days. Should work out.
Ron

I never thought I would be saying this into the month of May, but If I make till Wednesday this week, it will be the first time since the middle of October that I have NOT had a fire in seven full days.

Reactions: Bridgeman
We had snow this morning. May 4th... Snow. 4th of May... The effing 4th of May...

No snow here, but last weeks 87 F for a couple days has given way to a cool 50 F and rain again.

Last week it was AC weather, and now the little whit it burning happily.

WE have Snow in the high country again this morning (5000 ft)

About normal though.
We can see Snow in the high country until early June.

Here in the Valley it can get cool, wet and blustery, but no snow this late.

We likely won't see good stable weather until Second week in June.

We've gone from the winter that won't end to the Spring that won't start here in New England. It's been unseasonably, cold, cloudy, windy and rainy. Been miserable for getting out in the yard to do yard work.

This was the temperature when I got into my car on Monday. But, I was not in Maine on Monday.

Attachments

• IMG_0717.JPG
    IMG_0717.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Cool and wet here, but in the 80's by mid week, then cool and wet again by next weekend

Upper 70's here and I am sweating. I seem to have slept through spring.

Do you guys leave your windows open or just have zero insulation?
My house is only 70% insulated and it has to go down in the 50s before house drops below 70. Cold mornings just opening the oven door is enough to heat the whole downstairs up a few degrees.

Just read heavy snow in Colorado and Wyoming today

Ready for next winter...4T Ambiance.image.jpg

And the Climate change folks are still screaming heat, drought, and all manner of terrible things.

They are gonna have troubles peddling their story when the glaciers come cruising down main street.!!!

We are about normal here now with some warm weather heading in over this week. Cooler and wetter by next weekend

Climate goes through cycles and it is doing what it always has done, change.

I am tired of hearing all the rhetoric from the doom and gloomers with an agenda to peddle.

I recently spent a day and went through my moms old diaries and reviewed the weather observations that she always included in each days entries.

These go back over 70 years (not hardly notable in geologic time) and the weather forecasts and whats happening today is about a mirror image of 70 years ago today.

Snowy

Status
Not open for further replies.