The Wonderful Fiskars

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pulldownclaw said:
I was wondering what you guys like best, Ford or Chevy?
Neither. Yugo.

The thread that will not die.

Alberta Burner said:
I remembe seeing an axe at the Stihl dealer that may have been a Fiskers private labeled as a Stihl, wonder if this is the case. Perhaps Stihl Canada has a deal with Fiskers? Look at page 89 of the Stihl Canada catalog (near the bottom), is that not the Fiskers Super??

http://www.stihl.ca/downloads/2008CatalogueFull-English.pdf

Well I think you are on to something there! It has a 4.4 lbs head with a 29" handle. I googled the Stihl axe and there is a thread on the ArboristSite.com that talks about it: "You can find the exact same axe under the manufacturer; Gerber. Fiskars came up with the axe in the late 1980s - Fiskars and Gerber have since merged and they sell their product to Stihl. Its exactly the same product - just without the "Stihl" name on it."

I will have to pursue that further. It is interesting the Fiskars rep didn't mention it. I will have to see if my local Stihl dealer carries it. Thanks for the info Alberta Burner!!

schortie said:
A face cord is an acceptable way to measure wood.
Only if you use the short handle on your Fiskars and watch out for your shins.

Test results show that wood split with a Fiskars seasons faster.

He cut down trees he wears high-heels................suspenders and a bra???????

Hey what's all this yaddi yaddi yadda.......

GMC

Status
Not open for further replies.