The wood and the gear

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROBERT F

Minister of Fire
Sep 2, 2009
CENTRAL COLORADO
You can see the main storage shed for the seasoned wood, attached to the garage, in pictures #1 and 2. The trailer is a 5x10 by about 3 1/2 foot tall.

Attachments

• wood 006.jpg
    wood 006.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 492
  • wood 008.jpg
    wood 008.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 498
  • wood 009.jpg
    wood 009.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 516
And a portable receiver Winch with a fresh load of pine in the last pic to finish it all off. Keep warm and thanks for sharing your awesome wood collecting equipment. A good example of another person that keeps the world turning. ;-)

Looks good ,gotta love those tandem axle trailers they can sure handle a load and they back like a dream .

Pineburner it appears, along with that other thread, that you are well prepared. Now if the weather holds out so you can keep cutting you'll be fine. Stack it up and let it dry. Stay warm.

The winch was just in case..about 2 months before....slid the trailer off a little logging trail when edge of road collapsed, fully loaded. Just happened to leave the winch at home that day...Except for the 3700 lb trailer mounted warn..Which exploded when overloaded trying to pull the trailer out after unloading it.....then broke front drive shaft, in turn smashing fuel delivery and return lines, and wiring harness, and shift controls on side of tranny of the truck.. had to have wifey bring out rock crawler and winch,50 mile drive...She drove the whole way in 4 wheel low, parking brake on, front hubs locked, overdrive off, bouncin off the rev limiter at 5500 rpm most of the way. Expensive wood by my calculations. Now I dont leave without the winch, 4 snatch blocks, 3 tow straps, a bag of chain, tree savers.... lesson learned the first time :red:

These pictures are about a month old, ZAPNY gave me some good info in finally posting pics. All the wood is now cut, split and stacked in its own area. And all by hand. Still got the blisters on hands. I'll try to post pics of completed stack tomorrow.

PINEBURNER said:
had to have wifey bring out rock crawler and winch,50 mile drive...She drove the whole way in 4 wheel low, parking brake on, front hubs locked, overdrive off, bouncin off the rev limiter at 5500 rpm most of the way.

There's a keeper.

SolarAndWood said:
PINEBURNER said:
had to have wifey bring out rock crawler and winch,50 mile drive...She drove the whole way in 4 wheel low, parking brake on, front hubs locked, overdrive off, bouncin off the rev limiter at 5500 rpm most of the way.

There's a keeper.
Yeah, I love her. Even if she dont know any better, she trys hard. Mor'n I can say about the first one. She didn't know much at all, and the only thing she tried was my patience. Guess thats why she's an ex!

Status
Not open for further replies.