The wood shop stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
Put in an old stove in the wood shop. Traded with a good buddy for a cord of ash (he needed wood bad). Throws some good heat and keeps the shop toasty. Photo of the shop in pic 1 and stove in pic 2. I've only been burning very dry pine in the stove. Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_3215_Copy.jpg
    IMG_3215_Copy.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 892
  • IMG_3219_copy.jpg
    IMG_3219_copy.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 923
Thats a purdy stove. It'll be nice to work in the warmth. Did you have any heat in there previously?

There was an old, very similar stove that used to sit in the same spot - you can just barely see it outside the shop door. Hadn't been used in a long time. Cheers!

That is nice, what a great place to "hide" out for the day.

Ah, another hiding place for me to visit in town- nice score on the stove!

Remkel said:
Ah, another hiding place for me to visit in town- nice score on the stove!

Anytime Remi! Cheers, Jacques.

Wow. That was a super trade! Very nice.

cmonSTART said:
Looks good! I'm installing a Vig in my wood shop currently. What did you use for the hearth?

Just some cinder block - 6 blocks if I remember right. For in the front n/s and two e/w in the back. Cheers!

fishingpol said:
Very nice. I need to get me a slice of NH some day.

I grew up in MA, but love NH a lot more - fits my conservative nature! Cheers!

fishingpol said:
Very nice. I need to get me a slice of NH some day.

Better hurry up- those pieces are going fast! Moved up here 6 years ago (NH_Wood and I live in the same town)- best move I ever made. Would love to talk more, but I have to drive out without my seatbelt and light off some fireworks. :)

How is that shop stove treating you?

cmonSTART said:
Shop stoves are the best. I just had mine running this evening.

Well, I have been meaning to build me a shed.........perhaps a shop might be better...hmmmm

NH_Wood said:
Put in an old stove in the wood shop. Traded with a good buddy for a cord of ash (he needed wood bad). Throws some good heat and keeps the shop toasty. Photo of the shop in pic 1 and stove in pic 2. I've only been burning very dry pine in the stove. Cheers!

You have a beautiful piece of property there. That's a "real" shop, not a garage like mine. Reminds me a lot of where I grew up.

That tree next to it looks like it may have to come down soon, or it could just be the angle. Looks like it is touching the roof overhang.

Status
Not open for further replies.