The woodstock stove...another picture

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the cat? Those two holes on the left in the picture with the top lid off is where the cat housing is suppose to be located. Other than that it looks pretty good. Definitely the Fireview 201 model.

Call Woodstock first. 800-866-4344

Then email that picture and ask them their thoughts.

My thoughts? I'd still opt for the new one as then there are no added costs and you know what you have plus you have that fantastic warranty. Remember, if you buy used, you are stuck, whether it is good or bad. Buy new and you have a warranty and something you will definitely be proud of for years to come.

I used to own this model. Nice stove.
Yeah, where is the cat? Never had to replace mine so I have no idea what a new one costs.
It would be nice to get close and inspect that soapstone for cracks.

No idea what a new one costs (mine came with the house) but as posted above, a warranty would be nice.

Plus, the older Fireview doesn't have the airwash system... so that glass is going to soot up every time you burn. That's why the redesign for the 205. A guy from Woodstock told me that information when I looked into converting my Classic in to a Fireview... said it just doesn't work well with the dead spot right there near the glass.... and wasn't worth doing. And hey, if you want a "new" one for less $$$ and don't care about seeing the fire... check out my ad for my Classic in the For Sale section. I'm thinking I really want the newer Fireview so I can watch those pretty flames.

d.n.f. said:
I used to own this model. Nice stove.
Yeah, where is the cat? Never had to replace mine so I have no idea what a new one costs.
It would be nice to get close and inspect that soapstone for cracks.

No idea what a new one costs (mine came with the house) but as posted above, a warranty would be nice.

Present cost is about $125 I think.

Oh yeah - and in terms of parts - there's a cast iron piece and metal bar that slides to engage and disengage smoke going to the cat. You'd need that too. Goo suggestion above to call Woodstock - they have been more than great about honestly answering my questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.