The Writing on the Wall....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandor

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2005
Deltaville,VA
I always read and research topics of interest to position myself for the future. Try to connect the dots, so to say.

When I read this news story, then I really makes me think.

The above article is the reason why I always suggest to people not to install gas stoves. Its why I suggest not to buy a new F-250.
We all heard it... "There is more oil in the Alberta Tar Sands than Saudi Arabia". "Natural gas is cheaper than wood pellets."

The future IS changing. Get ahead of the curve, the game is just beginning.

Do not base any energy centric home improvements around current oil/gas/electric prices. Assume they may not be available for weeks at a time.

Hmm.......

So, declining production combined with increasing domestic consumption in petroleum exporting countries causes their exports to decline at a much higher rate than oil production declines since they are using more of their own oil internally. Sounds like the Export-Land Model being empirically tested.

Future words to brush up on: hoarding, shortages, rationing

Burn, that wasn't for you, because I know you already get it.

And yes, I am very familiar with Westexas (Jeffrey Brown) Export Land Model. And are you implementing his ELP recommendation?

Also, do you post on TOD, and if so whats your name... haven't seen any Burn-1 posters on that board.

I'm 'Lotka was right' on TOD but I only joined recently, (although have read it since its inception), and don't post much at all. I primarily read the Drumbeat and use it as a jumping off point for other links. If I had more time I would enjoy some of the discussions. On the spectrum from cornucopian to doomer I am probably right in the middle. I guess I would say cautious pragmatist hoping for humane and moderately equitable solutions. With regard to Economize, Localize, Produce, no discretionary debt save my mortgage, telecommuting one day per week and growing some of our own food. It's a brave new world no doubt.

we use so much natual gas and fresh water to get that damb oil out of that sand. its retarded. saskatchwan has got the idea. the have a good chunk of oil under thier feet too. (money in the bank) they are just sitting there waiting for alberta to subsudise all the technolagy and when its efficiant enough to do so they will start drilling and probably have a lot more to show for it. i cant stand this province, i bought 85 acers in BC and im getting my @$$ out of this redneck mini Texas. (slim chance of offending a texan on a heating forum, sorry if i do so)

Status
Not open for further replies.