the wrong gaskets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so i ordered new gaskets for my stove over the summer after a disassembly and cleaning,ordered new comb. blower gasket,exaust blower gasket and a new gasket for the clean out plate on the exaust housing,only problem is....they are the wrong gaskets.i ordered them right out of my owners manuel too. looked on am. energy systems website and they dont even have replacment gaskets listed for the baby on there,they do for all the bigger stoves but not mine.....any suggestions?going to call tech support to see where that gets me but figured i mite check with the real experts first....thanks for any info

Since you're in eastern Ohio, try giving Eric at Kinsman Stoves in Brookfield a call. I don't think he sells that brand of stove, but may be able to get parts....and if you mention you're a Hearth member, he gives discounts.

It's worth a shot. 330-448-0300

imacman said:
Since you're in eastern Ohio, try giving Eric at Kinsman Stoves in Brookfield a call. I don't think he sells that brand of stove, but may be able to get parts....and if you mention you're a Hearth member, he gives discounts.

Nice, very nice.

Thanks and I will include a free month membership on my "other" web site. Type in "pellet pig" in the membership ID.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
imacman said:

Nice, very nice.

Thanks and I will include a free month membership on my "other" web site. Type in "pellet pig" in the membership ID.

Eric

And that "other" website would be????? :-/

X2 on Eric....
Glad you got them. That sucks there the wrong ones. (This is my Best Friend, helped him clean, disassemble, lube, etc, and this is how I find out. I work with him too. I have to read the Thread! LOL) Were they for the CountrySide 3500? The Combustion blower should be a standard size. A lot of Comb blowers can be cross referenced.
What gaskets besides the Combustion Blower did you order? I can't remember. Most of the other gaskets are standard "Flat" gaskets. Or at least I thought. Bad memory though.

Oh and Eric, if he calls you. He Needs Pellets too. Hint. Hint. Been keeping a close eye on my Stash all summer when he comes over. Almost Sold him a Ton of the Easy Heats, but decided against that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.