Their is a hole in my wood pile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallyworld

Mar 24, 2009
Downeast
Finally got around to moving wood from the shed to the house, I have a wood shed built onto the house with a pass thru door inside. I generally bring wood in every weekend in a garden way cart but its nice to have enough inside for 5 or 6 weeks in case we get buckets of snow and wheeling the cart around sucks. Also a pic of next winters wood or maybe the year after depending on the severity of this coming winter :)

Attachments

• Picture 007 (Small).jpg
    Picture 007 (Small).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 675
  • Picture 006 (Small).jpg
    Picture 006 (Small).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 681
  • Picture 005 (Small).jpg
    Picture 005 (Small).jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 683
  • Picture 004 (Small).jpg
    Picture 004 (Small).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 685
Good deal WW - nice to have a good amount of wood inside, rather than under tarps, etc. Nice dry wood to bring in to the stove. Enjoy! Cheers!

how about a picture of the pass thru on the inside? if you remove the oil tank you could fit even more wood! :)

devinsdad said:
how about a picture of the pass thru on the inside? if you remove the oil tank you could fit even more wood! :)
When we built the house there wasn't an oil tank, wood only but the shoulder seasons are way easier with oil especially when you consider its a passive and active solar home. Crank the woodstove up and then the sun comes out, watch out. I burn 50 to 100 gallons of oil a year depending how much travel and how lazy I am :)

Wally, that buzz pile reminds me of when we used to use the buzz saw on the front of a tractor. But that was when I had two boys to help. You can buzz a lot of wood in a day with a buzz saw but it does take some time when it comes to sharpening that thing.

Seen some tractor mounted saws around here but that pile will get cut by chain saw. Slowly but surely I'll pick away at it. Long as its undercover by late spring she'll be good to go.

good idea. Got any pictures of the homested? i hope someday i can build a pasive solar home.

Status
Not open for further replies.