Thelin gnome auger motor?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdw1219

Jan 27, 2013
Suffern NY
Anyone know what rpm the auger motor is? The brushes are bad in mine started to fluctuate speed today, any idea where i can get a replacement or new brushes?, I see alot of them on amazon for great prices, but i dont know i they will fit. Any ideas opinions welcomed!!

Heres the motor and its info ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359761889.355377.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1359761896.944471.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1359761904.829822.jpg

Did you get any feedback or ideas? My Gnome motor gets week and jambs by the end of the heating season. I'm looking for an alternate motor that might last longer but have not had any luck finding one. I'm also wondering if this motor can be serviced to bring it back to spec.

Anyone know what rpm the auger motor is? The brushes are bad in mine started to fluctuate speed today, any idea where i can get a replacement or new brushes?, I see alot of them on amazon for great prices, but i dont know i they will fit. Any ideas opinions welcomed!!
Hopefully, Jay Takeman will look at this thread and chime in....he's real good at finding parts like motors for stoves.

Merkle VF series. Looks like the 50 printed on the motor. Could be a 50 rpm? But I don't really know. These are very vague because there are so few stoves that use them.

Lube it up(shaft ends) hook it to a 12 volt battery and see if you can get it to spin with no load. Post how many RPM's you get per minute. Otherwise without the RPM I'd go through Thelin.

Merkle VF series. Looks like the 50 printed on the motor. Could be a 50 rpm? But I don't really know. These are very vague because there are so few stoves that use them.

Lube it up(shaft ends) hook it to a 12 volt battery and see if you can get it to spin with no load. Post how many RPM's you get per minute. Otherwise without the RPM I'd go through Thelin.
I owned a Gnome for years, and always just ordered parts from Thelin very reasonably priced. But that was when Jay Thelin owned the business, not sure of their customer service now, heard it sucks

The gearbox is probably fine(might need new lube?). Its usually the motor that kicks the bucket. Pretty sure the motors are the same, Its just the gearing thats different. IIRC the pinion is set screwed to the motor shaft and you need to split the case to change the motor(just FYI).

Status
Not open for further replies.