1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Thelin Gnome sparks flying - why?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Don2222, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

I am working on a Thelin Gnome stove that is dropping hot pellets on the floor under the air intake!

The intake is close but of course there is still a space. Aside from the fact that the fresh air intake is on the bottom which of course is not the best design, what can be done?

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Is the combustion blower working properly and pulling the proper amount of air through? It shouldn't be dropping anything with air constantly being brought up through the intake??
  3. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    There was quite a bit of ash in the venting that I cleaned out. You may be right. I am not going to fire it until I get the new ignitor in and the fuse holder fixed for good!

See
    http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/...wing-house-breaking-tripping-disaster.108166/
  4. ebengel

ebengel Member

Loc:
    nw nj
    My Parlour will occasionally get 1 or 2 little pieces laying under it but nothing like what's in the picture. Make sure the customer keeps the vent clean, and when they vacuum the stove take out the lower part of the burnpot that the ignitor slides through, a lot of ash builds up in there and can impede airflow.