Thelin Parlour pellet 3000 Fan motor problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAXI

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Parlour pellet 3000
Fan motor speed will not vary, can hear low freq noises coming from the fan motor.
The fan will run on high clean. I have change the fan motor brushes, situation still the same as above.

maxi said:
Parlour pellet 3000
Fan motor speed will not vary, can hear low freq noises coming from the fan motor.
The fan will run on high clean. I have change the fan motor brushes, situation still the same as above.
Not sure what kind of stove that is I never heard of it but
Normally it is NOT a two speed blower

I am guessing there is a Rheostat wired from the low switch to the blower

It has adjustments for High, med, and low setting. The same fan acts as cleaning blower withfan on bottom and driven fan at the top for air flow to fire box, all this from same fan motor.

Thanks for your input on this matter.

Maxi

hearthtools said:
Not sure what kind of stove that is I never heard of it but
Normally it is NOT a two speed blower.........I am guessing there is a Rheostat wired from the low switch to the blower

Rod, it's a Thelin Parlour 3000. The owners manual says to change the brushes for problems like he has, but he said he did & it didn't help.

www.thelinco.com

Hey Maxi I would call Thelin direct. Jay Thelin is great to deal with and can get you the part you need in a hurry.

Can i have an update on the problem, you have .. i am having the same problem.
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.