Thelin Parlour vs. Harman Accentra pellet stoves.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toddkrit

Feb 21, 2008
upstate ny
We have just moved from a house that we heated 100% with a Harman Accentra pellet stove. It was a tad bit noisy in the room it was running, but overall a very good and easy stove.

My wife wanted to get away from the "dust and dirt" of wood and pellet stoves when we moved. The house we moved into has a Heat-n-glo gas fireplace and an oil furnace with hot water baseboard heat. Once she has seen the bill$ her mind is changing.

We found a brand new Thelin Parlour for $3600. That covers installation, the base to sit it on, delivery, and a pallet of pellets.

I guess my question is, how good of a stove is it. Will I get the same amount of heat compared to pellets used as my harman.
I noticed that the Thelin only has 3 settings. Low, medium, and high. Was that a problem for anyone trying to keep the temp constant during the day,

Thanks everyone!!

I can't answer your question on how the Thelin will perform in your house but I believe that if you call Thelin yourself they sale a digital thermostat. I'm looking at the smaller one(gas) to heat my sunroom. Very nice looking stoves.

We havent decided on which stove to get yet. We honestly dont want to get one at all, but the bill$ coming from heating the house are so much more that we are used to.

What style house do you have? How many sqft? Where would the stove be placed in relation to the house. I saw a Parlour before and it was kicking out some heat. Enough to heat your whole house??? It probably would be much better than the H & Glow that you have now. Cheaper than propane if that is what you are using. I can't compare it against your old Harmon.

Status
Not open for further replies.