There is no fire in the stove..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eclecticcottage

Minister of Fire
Dec 7, 2011
WNY
not even glowing coals. We hit 64 today and it's still in the 50's!! Moved a bunch of firewood up close to the house from behind a shed for when it gets cold again, and took our 2 100lb tanks up for a refill. About half empty for both, not bad for almost 3 months of hot water, cooking and the 10K btu heater (stove and heater both have a pilot too). Weird to see a dark stove in January...and still be warm!!

Same here it was warm as heck in the woods today no snow all mud and windy. I loved it though great being outdoors !

Pete

We got up to 35 today. It will be well below that tonight. Cold is coming.

46 at ten o'clock. Stove is cold and the electric meter is burning out a bearing.

Bizarre weather. Hard freeze in San Diego...never ever saw anything approaching that all the years I lived down there. 60-some thousand acres of Avocado crops threatened, as well as citrus. Single digit temps overnight here in Bend, but we should warm up some after tomorrow. Weird things happening.

ETA: One of my distinct "memory moments" from my years in San Diego was out walking my dog on New Year's morning 1995 wearing shorts & T-shirt, and thinking to myself, "It ain't gonna be like this a year from today in Northern Virginia." It most certainly wasn't! ;lol

Been warm out this way as well. Was in the upper 20s this morning with some ugly freezing rain. Now it's pouring rain and nearly 40*. If this keeps on going I'm going to be mowing my lawn soon! :eek:

Reactions: milleo
We got snookered. Been telling us for a week it would be sunny and probably hit 70 today. Left the stove cold. 100% clouds and foggy 50 degrees all day. Lit the bad boy off at six pm. Now we proceed to rain and cold for at least the next three days.

Status
Not open for further replies.