There she is...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

willisl64

Apr 6, 2008
South Central IA
I believe we offically have two years of wood on hand with the haul that we put together last week. One truckload of dead oak from the neighbors place and one truckload of shagbark hickory from the state park. I'll get it split this winter before the ground thaws too much and start cutting for the 2011-2012 season. Feels great to finally be far enough ahead of the curve that we don't HAVE to cut wood unless we feel like it. We enjoy doing it, but now the chore aspect of the whole ordeal is gone!

Attachments

• 101_0471.jpg
    101_0471.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 881
very nice, since ur loaded up feel free to come to mass and help me split!

Willis, you are right. It gives great pleasure to stand back and admire the wood pile. It's the same as having a CD at the bank!

How much wood do you burn during a season? Hopefully you have more than what is in the picture.

Nice big hunks of wood there. I should be in about the same position with next winter's wood. Even though I know I'll have twice as much wood, I won't stop wondering if it's enough until I make it through a winter and still see 4 cords sitting there.
It's a great feeling to know that this winter is in the bag though.

Backwoods Savage said:
Willis, you are right. It gives great pleasure to stand back and admire the wood pile. It's the same as having a CD at the bank!

How much wood do you burn during a season? Hopefully you have more than what is in the picture.

Savage - we burn about 4 cord a year. This pic was just of the final cord that will put us two years ahead. We'll have 2 cord left over in the shed come spring, and 6 cord in piles outside split and seasoning.

Attachments

• 101_0020.jpg
    101_0020.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 688
Very nice indeed. That should keep you warm.

willis once you get a few years ahead everything gets so much easier...don't give up brother. Now you're in a position to pull way ahead just putting in 30minuters or so a day.

Nothing like a fence Row of Wood !

savageactor7 said:
willis once you get a few years ahead everything gets so much easier...don't give up brother. Now you're in a position to pull way ahead just putting in 30minuters or so a day.

Don't know if I can do the 30 minutes/day thing, I'm more of a "I'm already sweaty and the saw is warm, so might as well cut all day" sort of guy. I've cut and processed 12 cord in the last 12 months, and figure I'll keep that pace up for the next year or so...should be 4 years ahead by this time next year.

Well done, if you enjoy it all the better...that's a pretty impressive stack alone that fence too.

I've always agreed with Henry on that one too.

It's as beautiful as any sunrise, Willis. Good work.

did anyone else Learn sharing............

My wood pile is getting pretty small and if I end up putting a stove in the house next year It will need to start growing sooon

Status
Not open for further replies.