There's a LOT of pellets for sale these days.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Just stopped off at the Newburgh Home Despot earlier today. All the outdoor pallets of fertilizer, mulch,stone, etc, are gone, and in their place was:

75 tons of Lignetics Pres to Logs
15 tons of Pennington Instant Heat.

90 tons total.....for their sake, hope they are planning on having a sale soon.....all I saw was a $5.98/ bag price (no sign of the ton price anywhere to be seen).

tinkabranc said:
So how many ton are you two up to now??? ;-)

Wife cuts me off at 4 tons, Unless there is an extremely great deal And I haven't found it yet. mac's the one thats hogging them! Aren't ya mac! :p

jtakeman said:
tinkabranc said:

Wife cuts me off at 4 tons, Unless there is an extremely great deal And I haven't found it yet. mac's the one thats hogging them! Aren't ya mac! :p

mac reminds me of those firewood guys that have lots and lots of chainsaws. Lots of reasons to get another one. I shouldn't talk because at the moment I have more chainsaws then I do tons of pellets. He has to do the research for all the rest of us. Go Macman.

I have noticed in my area a few more places that have advertised having pellets this year...I just hope they are there in febuary when I can afford to buy more..

I get diesel fuel at local Sam's Club about every 3 days.
2 weeks ago they had 14 rows x 31 rows in their parking lot with a few pallets missing here and there. A week later they were gone. 200 + ton for a store like Sam's to have on hand seems pretty insignificant.

Bkins said:
jtakeman said:
tinkabranc said:

mac reminds me of those firewood guys that have lots and lots of chainsaws. Lots of reasons to get another one. I shouldn't talk because at the moment I have more chainsaws then I do tons of pellets. He has to do the research for all the rest of us. Go Macman.

Hey, easy on me fellow pelletheads.....Bkins, even when I burned cordwood, I still only had 1 chainsaw, 1 axe, 1 sledge, and 1 wedge.....that was it.

As for me hogging all the pellets, yes, I suppose I did buy quite a bit, but I'm about to retire, and need to stock-up ahead of time while I still have a few $$.

Yes, i will share any research info i get with everyone.....that's what i did...I was a teacher.

Now sit down in your seat and get that gum outta your mouth kid!!!!!! Ooooops...thought I was back in the classroom for a second...sorry "big" kids. ;-)

Macman i was there today. I just got a Visa Card reward Home Depot Card for 100 burning a hole in my pocket. Got 25 of those bags you are referring to. And by the way, I was there actually buying a chainsaw Bkins. ha ha ha. The Lowes accross the street from that HD has the bags actually cheaper, almost a buck cheaper just in case you "NEED" a few more tons Macman.

KatWill said:
.....Got 25 of those bags you are referring to.....The Lowes accross the street from that HD has the bags actually cheaper, almost a buck cheaper just in case you "NEED" a few more tons Macman.

No, NO, NO!! ....no more tons...... My family thinks I'm pellet crazy as it is. Everytime I find a "steal" on pellets (like the Rocky Mtns for $219/ton on Craigs List), my daughters just shake their heads and roll their eyes at me :roll:

Katwill, which did you buy...the Prestologs, or Instant heat?

The ones that Lowes had (Clean Energy) are supposed to be good pellets. One of these days I'll grab a couple of bags to test burn.

macman said:
KatWill said:
.....Got 25 of those bags you are referring to.....The Lowes accross the street from that HD has the bags actually cheaper, almost a buck cheaper just in case you "NEED" a few more tons Macman.

No, NO, NO!! ....no more tons...... My family thinks I'm pellet crazy as it is. Everytime I find a "steal" on pellets (like the Rocky Mtns for $219/ton on Craigs List), my daughters just shake their heads and roll their eyes at me :roll:

Katwill, which did you buy...the Prestologs, or Instant heat?

The ones that Lowes had (Clean Energy) are supposed to be good pellets. One of these days I'll grab a couple of bags to test burn.

macman, I bet if you get 10 bags a week the wife wouldn't notice, Only takes 5 weeks for a ton to magically appear! ;-)

I going to try it!
jay

Status
Not open for further replies.