There's Been An Accident With My Stihl Chainsaw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
Sometimes I get a little wild when I'm tossing splits out of the brush, and it happens. Something gets hit. This time it was my saw, again. No harm done, as always. It's tough.
IMG_5730.jpg

Here is where I was splitting and throwing them from, as is my routine.
IMG_5733.jpg

Once they're piled next to the trail, then it's loading and hauling.
IMG_5736.jpg

Is that duct tape I see? WAR DUCT TAPE!!!!!!!!!!!

I always appreciate your pics. You've got some great land out there. I'm only 31 now, but in my retirement, I'd love to have a big lot of land and just go play in it all day.

What type model saw is that? I need a new one pretty quick, and yours seems to do the job all day, almost every day. Are you happy with it?

quads, I did something similar last week when I threw on directly onto the trailer. It bounced and went off the far side, right where I had the saw, gas can, oil can, etc. No harm done though. lol

Thanks for the pictures.

NSearchOfTribalKnowledge said:
Is that duct tape I see? WAR DUCT TAPE!!!!!!!!!!!
Here's the just for fun story I tell everybody: The bar protector says Husqvarna (I don't even know how to spell it) on it and I can't have that, so I hid it with duct tape.

The real story: It really does say Husqvarna on it, but it's worn out so that the chain is showing through it. I tried to buy a new one at Tractor Supply and they told me I can't buy it from them, even though every saw on their shelf has one. The ones at the Stihl dealer are too thick to fit in my slot on my wood hauling trailer, and they are too short, don't cover the whole chain. I bought the worn out one from a hardware store that has since gone out of business, still has $5.00 wrote on it with a black magic marker. So, until I find a replacement, it gets taped.

J-Man said:
I always appreciate your pics. You've got some great land out there. I'm only 31 now, but in my retirement, I'd love to have a big lot of land and just go play in it all day.

What type model saw is that? I need a new one pretty quick, and yours seems to do the job all day, almost every day. Are you happy with it?
I'm out there more than you know! Some days I don't take pictures and other days I take pictures but don't post any. I am very happy with my saws. That's an 026 Stihl in the picture. I have two quite old Stihl 026 saws that I bought used from a neighbor years ago for $50.

Yeah in the heat of wood handling stuff can happen. I cut a trailer load down the road a few years ago and when I was tossing the rounds out of the trailer one rolled all the way down the hill and hit right on the end of the carb on my splitter and busted in half. First time I ever knew that Briggs had put a ninety dollar carb on one of their engines. :ahhh:

quads said:
Here's the just for fun story I tell everybody: The bar protector says Husqvarna (I don't even know how to spell it) on it and I can't have that, so I hid it with duct tape.

I use a POO-lan branded case for by large Stihl as a theft repellent. Security thru obscurity. ;)

BrotherBart said:
Yeah in the heat of wood handling stuff can happen. I cut a trailer load down the road a few years ago and when I was tossing the rounds out of the trailer one rolled all the way down the hill and hit right on the end of the carb on my splitter and busted in half. First time I ever knew that Briggs had put a ninety dollar carb on one of their engines. :ahhh:
Similar thing happened to a couple I know. A few years ago, his wife tossed a split and it landed on the carb of their log splitter, busting it. To this day, they still go around and around about that incident!

Status
Not open for further replies.