There's nothing like that Saturday afternoon light-off...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Village Idiot

Nothing like putting in some honest work on getting the pellet stove vacuumed, cleaned, shined and ready for another week of heating. Seems like that first light-off after a good cleaning on a Saturday afternoon is the one that is most rewarding. The clean glass, the bright and tight flame....gotta love it!

Attachments

• DSC_0147.JPG
    DSC_0147.JPG
    256.2 KB · Views: 142
I see we spent our saturday afternoon doing the same thing. You forgot to mention the smoke from the furniture polish filling the room with a burnt lemony scent. I dropped the ball on that one but at least it looks good.

Reactions: The Village Idiot
Nothing like putting in some honest work on getting the pellet stove vacuumed, cleaned, shined and ready for another week of heating. Seems like that first light-off after a good cleaning on a Saturday afternoon is the one that is most rewarding. The clean glass, the bright and tight flame....gotta love it!

Dang thats a pretty stove! ;)

Looks great!

Very nice, clean set up. Just cleaned mine. I'll clean it again midweek. Nice to keep warm.

that's funny. I cleaned our stove today too. I didn't mean to do it. I hit the off button instead of the heat button and it went into shut down.

figured might as well let her cool down and clean today instead of tomorrow.

only 5 more bags of the crappy pellets left to burn. That will be the 1st ton gone of the season. will have to do a vent cleaning next weekend.

Did the same thing yesterday but the best part was, the wife cleaned it while I explained how. I work rotating shifts so she needs to know how to take care of it.

I normally do mine on Thursday when the boss is out of the house.

But did it yesterday because of company on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.