Thermaglo pellets.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmancine

Dec 23, 2007
NE PA
is anyone familiar with the Thermaglo pellet brand? My local Lowes just got a shipment of these pellets. However, it says Super Premium on the front of the bag but when turned over the "Super" is blacked out. It appears the company is partially owned by the Mohegan Indians. It looks like they bought several of Penningtons pellet plants in Ohio and Indiana. Anyone tried these?

I think they actually just started production in October.
I guess my concern is, they claim to be a super premium producer but the bags at Lowes are not which indicates to me that they may be rejects.

I'm not sure why or did I get an answer to why they had the Super Premium rating and then they crossed it out or if the pellets we degraded? It could be that PFI ditched the Super premium rating. Might be why they are now just premium rated. I saw a bag on the net that had the Super crossed out, But I didn't see a PFI label on it.

I'd tread lightly with them, Pennington used to get much of the complaints as being the worst. Try before you buy a large amount.

I bought a bag from lowes a few weeks ago. They were the same way, they had the "super" blacked out with a marker. Must have taken someone a long time to do that to every bag. They were very dark in color, some almost looked black. They burned about 25 degrees cooler than my greenways and put out over twice the ash from 1 bag. I wont be buying anymore if that helps.

I bought a bag from lowes a few weeks ago. They were the same way, they had the "super" blacked out with a marker. Must have taken someone a long time to do that to every bag. They were very dark in color, some almost looked black. They burned about 25 degrees cooler than my greenways and put out over twice the ash from 1 bag. I wont be buying anymore if that helps.
Thanks, I think I'll take your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.