Thermal Snap Switch Location?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcswiggin

Sep 6, 2014
Boston
Evening,
I bought a used FPX Elite 33 (non-cat) that I installed and realized that I did not have a snap switch. Both the switch and bracket are missing. I got a new one, but I can not figure out where it mounts. I have not found a location in any of the manuals I have found. I found some information that it should be mounted behind the right blower, but when I took out the right blower, I did not see any mounting studs or holes. If someone has this same insert, can you please post a picture of the location of the snap switch?

It is currently just jumpered, but I'd rather have the switch so that the fans turn off automatically. I may end up changing my mind based on some of the posts I have seen where people do not like the snap switch, but I'd like to give it a try first. Thank you in advance for your help!

I just can't remember where it's located on the FPX insert. It comes already installed with the blowers. If you don't where it's located, how do you know its missing? Is it mounted behind the second firebrick on the right side if the firebox?

Thank you for the reply. I "know" that it is missing because I couldn't find it. So I suppose it could be there. There were no blowers when I got the insert though, and the snap switch wires were jumpered, so I just assumed it was missing. You're right though, it could be there. I didn't think to check if it was behind a fire brick, I'll check that out tonight. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.