TherMix

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2005
I am looking for information on TherMix cast liner insulation. If I decide to contract with someone to use this as insulation on a stainless liner servicing a coal stove, what do i do in ten years when the liner might need to be replaced?
Would it be possible to cast this around an oversize 8" pipe into which I could snake the 6" liner making removal and replacement poss without destroying the TherMix?

am looking for information on TherMix cast liner insulation. If I decide to contract with someone to use this as insulation on a stainless liner servicing a coal stove, what do i do in ten years when the liner might need to be replaced?
Would it be possible to cast this around an oversize 8” pipe into which I could snake the 6” liner making removal and replacement poss without destroying the TherMix?

First of all I would not buy a liner that only last 10 years. A decent HT 2100 316 ss should last 20 plus years. a the Ther mix is a decent product. What you have to do is a good cleaning after the burning season, say in april. Coal leaves a lot of sulfur in the liner. When it get warm and humid it condensates and forms H2so4 This acid will eat your liner, remove the sulfur and porolong the liner's life expectancy

Status
Not open for further replies.