thermo wells?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

taxidermist

Minister of Fire
Mar 11, 2008
Fowlerville MI
anyone have a good source for thermo wells that take a 3\8 thermal sensor? I have searched but have not found very good info.

Thanks,
Rob

I don't want to sound like I'm arguing with twofer, but a couple of weeks ago I ordered three really long (18") stainless thermowells from StPat's. The price was low, the shipping costs were not unreasonable, and they arrived quickly.

If you simply need short generic ones for regular hydronics, give Patriot Supply a call; www.patriot-supply.com Their web site isn't always easy to search, but in my experience, they are very helpful when you call and ask.

taxidermist said:
anyone have a good source for thermo wells that take a 38 thermal sensor? I have searched but have not found very good info.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob,

I just purchased 2 wells 1/2 inch thread -- 6 inches long from a local plumbing supply. $17.00 each. Never thought to go online for small item that will become expensive due to shipping charges.

Fred61 said:
I just purchased 2 wells 1/2 inch thread -- 6 inches long from a local plumbing supply. $17.00 each. Never thought to go online for small item that will become expensive due to shipping charges.

Amusing note: the wells that I've been using recently are the type that come with a pull-out thermometer. At $13, they're cheaper than a bare well, and I get a collection of thermometers, as a bonus!

Now, I just need to figure out what to do with these thermometers...

Joe

ive been making my own out of brass fittings and soldering the end shut. you can make them any size you want with some copper pipe and a combo of fittings.

BrownianHeatingTech said:
Fred61 said:

Amusing note: the wells that I've been using recently are the type that come with a pull-out thermometer. At $13, they're cheaper than a bare well, and I get a collection of thermometers, as a bonus!

Now, I just need to figure out what to do with these thermometers...

Joe

This is what I have now but the well is too small for my sensor

2.beans said:
can you drill it out?

Yes but the wells are installed right now so I think I will wait till heating season is over before I get the drill out. My luck I will be a little off and........ well you know the rest!!!!

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.