thermocouple auber probe for X2 wall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirk_411

Dec 30, 2015
canada
so I ordered a probe for double wall with my at210 combo. 6ft length. can the length be shortened? I did not want to tare mine apart until I got some feedback from you guys.

so I ordered a probe for double wall with my at210 combo. 6ft length. can the length be shortened? I did not want to tare mine apart until I got some feedback from you guys.
I have some such probes. There is no technical reason that the cables can't be shortened, but it may not go well. They really aren't designed for intervention. But if you are equipped and confident, go for it. You can always replace it.

Why do you want to shorten it? I just double up any extra length. BTW, my setup is not Auber, but a DYI system, so YMMV.

I have some such probes. There is no technical reason that the cables can't be shortened, but it may not go well. They really aren't designed for intervention. But if you are equipped and confident, go for it. You can always replace it.

Why do you want to shorten it? I just double up any extra length. BTW, my setup is not Auber, but a DYI system, so YMMV.

It would help keep the install a little cleaner that's all. I may tinker with it after wood burning season is done. If I mess it up I'll order a new one in the off season. Shipping is more than the thermocouple

Status
Not open for further replies.