Thermocouple Grounding Kit for Quadra Fire Santa Fe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Blackjack6

Jan 6, 2017
Washington State
Ordered and received a new control box for my Quad Santa Fe, and it comes with a thermocouple grounding kit. Do I need to install this?

So everything fired up correctly once new box was installed, convection fan kicked on once temp was reached, but auger was barely feeding, then stopped and was buzzing. When I was trouble shooting the previous control box issue, I had my local Quad dealer check the auger. It turned when powered, but the tech said it was "starting to go." Is it possible that it doesn't have enough strength when the tube is full, and once seized ends up smoking the control box?

Replied on other post. kap