Thermoflex Insulated Pex

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

10range

Dec 9, 2010
Northern Indiana
I am planning to run heat from my boiler to the garage this spring and am wondering if anyone has experience with a product called Thermoflex? It appears to be a decent product but I would like to hear some feedback about it before I would use it. The one run that I have from the house to the boiler shed is ThermoPex. The run from the garage to the shed will be quite a bit longer and I can purchase the ThermoFlex at about 75% of the cost. Our soil is dry and we will be putting the lines 4 feet down.

Thanks for any feeback.

There is a brand of underground pex out there that is misleading. I'm not sure if it is thermoflex but you need to ask, and get it in writing, that the foam insulation you see encasing the pipes is a continuous piece that travels the entire length of the pipe.

When I was looking into buy the stuff, I found one manufacturer that shows a picture of the foam sticking out but the foam was nothing more than a 6 or 8 inch piece that was acting like a spacer.. they refereed to it as insulated.. Ya right!!! It was a con job piece of junk. (maybe that's why its 75% off if its the same thing)

Status
Not open for further replies.