Thermometer on model 74ZC Buckstove Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buckstove

Oct 25, 2010
NC
Another question for the hive. Picked up a thermometer for 74ZC and as most with an insert can not see the flue temp. for it is covered. But this spring i'm am going to take of that so I can monitor the temp of flue. But for the time being I am putting the thermometer on the front of the stove what should I try to keep the temperature range at? I also have about a 3 inch section of flue between the top of stove and ZC cabinet. That sits behind the vent at top of insert I could remove vent and put thermometer there if that would be better I would still be able to to see the temp. Thanks for any advice ahead of time.

Well anyways the front is running around 450 to 500.

I am running a Buck 91, a cat stove, and it runs anywhere between 300 to 500 depending on my air settings and where the wood is in the burn cycle.

450 - 500 is a good hot stove and producing a lot of heat....should be warm!!

You will have to do the trial and error for your setup. I think you will like the Buck.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.