Thermometer Placement For Insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamE

Feb 3, 2013
Collegeville, Pa.
I've just had my new-to-me, but used, Regency I2100 installed today. I've got one of those round magnetic thermometers that sit on the front overhang, but I know it's not getting an accurate reading sitting out front like that.

What's the best way to get a decent reading? I'm just afraid of over-firing the thing and it's frustrating not knowing the real temp.

Thanks.

If you can fit the thermometer onto the face above either door corner that will give you a somewhat relevant reading. In order to read the flue you would need a digital probe thermometer.

Reactions: joneo
I have a thermometer that's made to go on the Flue pipe stuck to the front metal door. It seems to be pretty accurate (checked/compared with IR gun) before I had it I had no idea what temps where, whether rising or falling. I think it is absolutely an essential part of the scheme. Everyone needs some way to know what is going on, Until you learn your setup, without it you're just guessing...

Status
Not open for further replies.