Thermometer Placement on Regency i3100 insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haston

Feb 21, 2006
I'm hoping to hear if anyone has found a good spot on the Regency-- or for practical suggestions for those that have faced this issue with other inserts. Neither the owner's manual nor my dealer have been much help. Many thanks. H.

I have mine in the upper right corenr- as seen in the photos. I also experimented with other positions on the front and it reads the same. Make sure it is low enough so the air from the blower does not blow onto it and cool it.

How do you like your I3100?

I placed my thermometer above the door opening, left side (2400i). The blower makes it drop close to 175 deg. So just keep in mind that if your blower is on and it reads 300 deg it is actually 475. I double-checked it with an infrared gun. This was the response that regency gave me

"Thank you for your e-mail and time to visit us on line. No there is no recommended place for a thermostat on the insert.

Best regards,

Lol, they should add, but don’t over fire it!

I just ordered a deep fryer thermometer that reads up to 800 deg. It has a long 12" stem. I'm going to place that between the top plate and the stove to see if I get a better reading. I will post the results

Good luck with your stove. We love ours

Attachments

• st.jpg
    st.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 792
Razz said:
I placed my thermometer above the door opening, left side (2400i). The blower makes it drop close to 175 deg. So just keep in mind that if your blower is on and it reads 300 deg it is actually 475. I double-checked it with an infrared gun. This was the response that regency gave me

"Thank you for your e-mail and time to visit us on line. No there is no recommended place for a thermostat on the insert.

Best regards,

Lol, they should add, but don’t over fire it!

I just ordered a deep fryer thermometer that reads up to 800 deg. It has a long 12" stem. I'm going to place that between the top plate and the stove to see if I get a better reading. I will post the results

Good luck with your stove. We love ours

Yes, Regency makes fine stoves, but their Tech service is lacking. I asked them about how hot to run the stove and they replied " Run it at any temp, as long as it doesn't glow red"! Not very helpful...

Status
Not open for further replies.