Thermometer placement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Garbanzo62

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2022
Connecticut
I have a Regency I2500 Insert. For Christmas I got one of those stove top fans and it came with a magnetic thermometer. Anyone have an idea as to the best placement for this on one of these inserts? Right now I have it between the top left corner of the door and the output vents . There really is not a lot of real estate to stick one of these.

thermo.jpeg

If it spins well that's fine for a location. It's on a convective lid and not on the stovetop which is probably good. TEG fans usually have a high temperature limit.

If it spins well that's fine for a location. It's on a convective lid and not on the stovetop which is probably good. TEG fans usually have a high temperature limit.
Thanks It gets into the optimal range, so I guess it is working.