Thermometer Recommendations?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tel-Tru.... Accurate and also has the option of another needle that will tell you Max temp reached.

I.E.- Load up stove and go to work or sleep. Even if you watch it for an hour before you leave or go to bed, the needle will tell you the Max temp reached.

Condar Thermometer . . . or go with an IR thermometer for more money . . . or as DD said you can go with a Tel-Tru for more money.

Of the ones we've tried, condar seem to be the most accurate. Still, some have reported bad ones there. My suggestion is to purchase or borrow an IR gun which will give a pretty accurate temperature so you can compare to the stove thermometer. You can pick them up for sometimes around $30.

If you go the IR thermometer route, I'd suggest one that reads to 1000 degrees.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.