Thermometer-should ai bother??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRanger

Nov 19, 2007
British Columbia
Boy, have learned lots from this forum. Okay, pre EPA insert, 1985 Pacific Energy, SS liner, new baffle. but still wondering about those temps? Would it , or would it not be advantagous to have one of those little suckers on my insert to check for underfireing, and overfiring? Reason I`m asking is last time I bought a "so-called gaget,a wood moisture reader", my wife still calls me (gaget man) but I personally find that little tool to be quite usefull.lol If you guys think it would be usefull, then I`m gonna get one-only about $20, no big deal. And so what, I`ll deal with the catcalls :coolcheese: Of course if there aren`t too many negs on here about buying one , then of course, I could point out the replys.lol

Do ya think only an idiot light for a gas/oil/ temp indicator is good enoufe in your truck. Probably not sonny. GET ONE.
( Will this get your wifes attention. ) ;-P

Don`t know how well this is gonna work. Not really a decent spot to place it. Will try and upload 2 pics to show what I mean.

Attachments

• big screen 002.jpg
    big screen 002.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 290
  • big screen 001.jpg
    big screen 001.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 275
Like to get that thermometer right on top of the insert I would have to remove the surround. Put the surround back on and then I couldn`t see it anyway. Maybe this wasn`t such a good idea? Don`t get any creosote anyway. Notice how clean the glass is since installing the new baffle-hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.