thermometer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brad wilton

Feeling the Heat
Oct 13, 2014
quebec
hi guy's,just wondering if single wall flue pipe thermometer can be used on stove top?also does anybody have experience with those small doorway corner fan's good or bad.thank's again

Yes you can, just ignore the burn zones on the thermometer if not usibg for its intended purpose.

Those fans work to an extent, but is by far more effective to move the cold air towards the stove via fans on the floor.

Very quiet. You mount it in an upper corner of a doorway. Added nicety is you can swivel it to change direction of airflow if you wish.

I have a Condar chim-gard thermo on my stove top, it is reasonably accurate for what it is.
As the previous poster said ignore the zones.
If you have a IR thermo you can use it to find the hottest spot and place the thermo there.

I looked all over and received a lot of blank stares when I was looking for a stove top therm. I figured the flue therms would be fairly inaccurate at the higher temps, so just gave up and ordered one online from amazon. $35 well spent, I soon learned I was pushing the temp of my stove way too high. All good now...

Like my dad says, "the right tool for the job gets the job done right!".

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.