thermometer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smmm

Aug 1, 2010
Ohio
DO they sell a stove pipe thermometer for double wall stove pipe. It seems hard to use a stove top thermometer because running the fan seems to cool it off. Anyone have any ideas on how to get accurate readings while running there fan?

Condar stove thermometer . . . +2 . . . works well. If you have a drill and the two drill bits it requires it's an easy job. I think what took me the longest was reading and re-reading the instructions just to make sure I didn't somehow mess things up since I didn't want to buy more stove pipe.

Since the probe won't be in the airflow of the fan when mounted in it's recommendated location, it won't have a bearing on it's reading.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.