thermopex question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
chappee said:
Hey guys, Is there a maximum length you can expose (strip) when hooking to thermopex? what are the end caps about?

You can strip the insulation as far as you want but then you lose all of your insulation with the pipe stripped so keep this to a minimum. On the end caps - I'm guessing on what you mean but probably they are the pieces that go over the end of the insulation portion where you stripped the pipes to expose them - fits like a rubber boot with holes to stick the pipe through.

according to my central boiler dealer the thermopex caps are just to cover the end if it will be exposed to water or sun, or if code requires it, it is not needed otherwise. you can strip the thermopex as far as you want but if it is outside, like in the back of my stove, the pex needs to be covered with pipe insullation foam to stop heat loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.