thermostat and top auger question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alpinestars96

Jan 23, 2012
Western New York
OK so when I swithc my thermostat to 55 shouldn't the temp come down? It seems to not bring the temp down much at all. Also woke up to the stove being shut down again, reason is because the top auger decided to quite working. Checked immediately for it being jammed and the motor was free. I fliiped the motor up and down vigorously and it started moving! Lol. My stove is 2 weeks old. Krazyness!

When you put the t-stat on 55 you are only telling the stove to go to its heat setting 1 which is not off, the temperature in the house may or may not drop, what it does depends upon the outside temperature and the buildings heat loss at the current difference between the inside temperature and the outside temperature.

About your stove shutting down, how long are the pellets you are burning and have you checked the entire path the pellets have to travel for jams or stuck pellet pieces, also if your stove has a feed gate is it open enough to allow pellets to feed?

Pellets are about a half inch long. How can I check where they travel properly? The metal plat in the hopper is all the way retracted longing the amount of pellets coming in to prevent a jam, but it still jams unfortunately. Also when the thermostat is on 55 it seems to get Gradually warmer still. And the flames are still pretty high. It does cool off but not alot.

alpinestars96 said:
Pellets are about a half inch long. How can I check where they travel properly? The metal plat in the hopper is all the way retracted longing the amount of pellets coming in to prevent a jam, but it still jams unfortunately. Also when the thermostat is on 55 it seems to get Gradually warmer still. And the flames are still pretty high. It does cool off but not alot.

On the slow cool off, have you played with the lower three setting on your stove?

You have to follow the auger and may have to remove them to check the entire path, do you have an inspection mirror?

Status
Not open for further replies.